Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Our Moment of Destiny : From The Blacklight Arrow

As ever, David Blacker is eloquent. But not only that, often he is to the point as well. And THIS timely article by him is both that.

In an attempt to draw alarming similarities between the 30 year old bloody war we just ended and the potential one we have at our hands because of the blatant racists out there today, this is what he narrows it down to:
I feel ashamed right now; ashamed of my government; ashamed of my friends; ashamed of my country. More than anything, I am ashamed of myself. I have never felt this way about my country, and I never thought I would, but I feel it now. And I hate feeling this way. In the worst of the war, I told myself that it wasn’t my fault; that I hadn’t chosen this war to fight. But this is now. This is me. This is us. This is our country and our moment of destiny is here. Why are we doing nothing?
Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Please go over there and read the whole thing. It's worth it.


~Sachintha

No comments:

Post a Comment